неделя, 25 септември 2016 г.

Fire by L. B. Gilbert

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Actual rating 4,5.

I was given this eBook copy of Fire for an honest review.

I loved it! After two weeks of a terrible reading slump, resulting in four books I hated, this one returned my faith in the decent unpredictable stories.

I love books about elementals but I haven't come across such a good and original one before! It is amazing.

The story is built very well and there is nothing I want to complain about.

When I first started to read it, I was surprised how quickly I was engaged with it but the writing is so good that I couldn't really help it. I enjoyed Fire completely.

I loved the story, the plot and the characters. Oh, the characters! Their development is awesome! They were good even from the beginning but after learning to work together and to consider themselves partners they became almost perfect!

Diana is a Fire Elemental, she has power over it and does the Mother Nature's bidding, punishing bad people who've caused a disturbance in the balance of the universe. She is a strong woman with a complex past icluding the death of her mother and some foster families. She is used to working well on her own until she crosses paths with Alec- a vampire who cannot seem to mind his own business especially since his kind is extremely flammable.

It is hard for Diana to learn to trust him and work with him but after he proves usefull she is more willing to work with him.

I like how the book is not fixed on them falling in love but on developing their friendship, learning to work together and trust each other. The thing that I really liked and at the same time I disliked is that there was no love included. I mean, I wanted to see some, but I don't really look for it, not in this kind of book, where everything is focused on the case they are working on. That's why I am a little conflicted here, because I don't like it but I really like it. Does this make sense? I highly doubt it.

Anyway, I like Diana and Alec, I really loved reading about them working together and making progress with their investigation. (It is literally a kick-ass heroine meets a vampire nerd. :D) They both demonstrated their power, Diana more than Alec but in the end they both surprised me with how powerful they actually are and I loved it. There is nothing more that I love than a good, powerful MC with a character of their own to suite their abilities.
(I specifically enjoyed one beheading scene *smirk*)

I think I already said the book is action packed and I love it even more because if it.

The mystery is well written, I really like books where some sort of criminal and fantasy intertwine so I loved it! One of my favourite series is like that so this is another good thing.

Overall, I didn't expect much about this book. I didn't know what to expect, I just read the summary and decided it was interesting enough to claim the book and store it on my computer until I decided it was too late for prolonging it anymore. Well, I don't think I am too late with reviewing it and I totally regret not reading it sooner! I would have saved myself some reading time and read some more of this kind.

As usual, it turns out that the books I procrastinate are the best I could read. Sometimes I do it on purpose, other times it just happens. The most important thing in this case is that I loved the book and highly recommend it to everybody interested. Even if you are not, give it a chance! It's worth it.

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...