сряда, 24 август 2016 г.

The Singular and Extraordinary Tale of Mirror and Goliath by Ishbelle Bee

The Singular and Extraordinary Tale of Mirror and Goliath by Ishbelle Bee

My rating: 1 of 5 stars

(Това е ревюто ми директно от Goodreads и затова е на английски.)

I didn't want to rate this book so low. I love the cover and the story is really extraordinary  and good but there are so many things that I didn't like that I have no other option but to give it 1 star.

Up to one point the story is very good and I enjoyed it but then, after the 100th page of my copy everything started to go down.
The book begins with Mirror's POV and then suddenly there is everybody's POV but Mirror's and it seems as if this is not a book about her and her protector but about everybody else. 

There is nothing more that I despise in a book but multiple POVs especially when you have to figure out whose POV it is on your own. I really don't like these kind of books. I DON'T FUCKING CARE ABOUT EVERYBODY ELSE, I want to know what's happening with my main characters because...you know, they are the MAIN characters after all.

There is a time when the bad ones capture Mirror and from then on it is no more Mirror and Goliath it's John Loveheart and every fucking bad person who've bought a watch with a soul in it. I don't care about them, I want to see Mirror and Goliath. Despite the fact that she became from 6-year-old to god-knows-how-older, their story is still the main for me and you can't just fuck it and start talking about  John Fucking Loveheart -_-
It's The Singular and Extraordinary Tale of Mirror and Goliath after all.
If you begin with just one POV, stick with it. The purpose of only one is to maintain the mystery and let the reader figure it out on their own and not tell it all via different people.‎ Or at least include everybody else in the summary. Yeah, I know that the series is, apparently, about John but well...please, authors, at least stick with your title or.. you know, CHANGE it.

And when you choose one time, stick with it as well! 
I really hate flashbacks in every 3 pages it looks as if the author couldn't choose which year she wanted to use- 1887 or 1888. She is constantly jumping through time, flashbacks and everything. 
Not to mention that the only good thing about the book is the idea and the cover, everything else is just fucked up. As if she was in a hurry to finish it and be done with it.

That actually explains all of the plot holes and unanswered questions she left. Hasn't Bee heard of... I don't know, beta readers? Editors? Feedback? Anything? 
Apparently not.

This is supposed to be an adult horror? My everyday life is horrifying in comparison.

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...